Sunday, August 21, 2005

how the wort moon has nothing to do with this post...

As usual, I wasn't able to get up too early though not all of the details of the engagement today were final. Place and time weren't even decided, so how weird can I get? As i was finishing up some stuff at home, Sona texted me that she would be late. By the time i finally finished my work it was almost 1 pm, Saturday, august 20. 2005. I was going to be freaking late. I had to rush to get ready and race to glorietta. Sona remembers glorietta so we opted for something familiar to her. I also ran into some trouble becauseI had to switch cars with my sister and instead of taking the smaller (my city) car, I ended up taking the bigger (dad's altis) car.I also received a text from Tina for she was also at Glorietta and was now looking for the meeting place (because I wasnt able to pinpoint any location for her). Sona decided to wait at Outback so I drove my car in that direction. Tina saw me in my car as I waved to them. I wanted them to get into the car with me. I decided to change the mall we were going to due to the lack of nice parking spaces at glorietta (from the sound advice of my mother who happened to know a lot about makati and parking around the place) and I also saw how many cars were littering the streets of ayala (not to mention the long line to get into the parking lots). As we neared our destination,I was able to text Ia and Uchi (I know its against the law to text and drive, hehehe) and tell her we were on our way to Market Market! Tina, Sona and Isabelle weren't hungry so we stayed at Starbucks to wait for Uchi, Ia and Ela who lived nearby and were on their way. After a while, we were now complete in attendance. Uchi, Ia, Ela, Tina, Sona, Isabelle and I were soon on a convoy and on our way to Joo Sarang Norebang. I'm not a very good driver and therefore accidentally left Uchi a couple of times, which sort of made my Korean friends laugh. As we neared our destination, I was finally able to concentrate on what I was supposed to do and refrain from making any more rash moves while on the road. Tina guided the way to Jo Sarang Norebang. We encountered some parking problems (maybe due to my lack of driving and parking skills) but that was fixed in a jiffy. I think it was Uchi's quick thinking that fixed it. When we entered the establishment, that was when we found out that the place was full. There was this horde of Korean teenagers, singing their hearts out. We decided to wait them out, since most of them wouldn't stay that long anyway. We took some pictures while waiting. Uchi made some temporary tattoos for all of us. She made one that resembled a female with big dark wings (ring any bells?) for me. She gave Sona and Isabelle a sun and a moon tattoo respectively but for the life of me, I cannot recall what Tina had gotten. Me and my crappy memory, go figure... After a fashionably long wait, we were able to get a room and coincidentally, it was the same room that we used the first time we went there (Uchi, Ia, Sooyeon, Tina and I went to Jo Sarang Norebang a few weeks ago). We started out slow but picked up speed on the songs. The songlist was updated (only 2005 released songs had a separate page; old songs up to december 2004 songs were arranged alphabetically, so to speak). Sona and Isabelle were game enough and really sang right along with us. We (the Filipinos: Uchi, Ela, Ia and I) sort of cheated and brought along romanizations of the korean songs we liked. We tried to read hangeul but sometimes it was just too fast for us to keep up and sing properly at the same time. And of course, Tina was the best singer among us. We were all duly impressed. Isabelle was rather shy but she did begin to interact with us though there was the language barrier. And in fairness, we all got grades higher than 90 for singing songs which we couldnt even understand and sing properly. We sang everything from HOT's "Candy (1995?)" to the newer songs by BoA "Girls on Top(2005)" and Shinhwa's "Oh!(2005)" and "Hey Dude.(2005)" We did ballads, pop, dance, rap and even rock songs. Tina had to leave us because she had another appointment. We had so much fun that we didnt realize that we (Sona, Isabelle and I) were pushing past our curfews. We got our bill and decided to meet at Tina's workplace, Station 168, after we drop off the others. I had to take Sona and Isabelle to the MRT station so they could go home while Uchi and Ela had to take Ia to her practice (if I remember correctly). I was the last to arrive at Station 168 due to traffic. We had some dinner (which Binnie obba prepared) consisting of Tobokki and Kimbap. Tina added some Mandoo and more Kimchi for us as well. We discussed everything over dinner from how Tina thought Uchi looked Chinese (Uchi is part Chinese) to the Mangosteen coffee that Tina got from ABS-CBN (if I am not mistaken). Tina showed us some stuff on the computer, pictures of her sisters and Binnie while Uchi showed Tina her blog and my blog (it was a little embarrassing since my blog was rather plain). It was 9 pm and we needed to get back home. I totally forgot to inform my parents I would be home late (I told my mother I would be home by 5.. I was way off the mark by a good four hours...). I raced home only to find out that my folks were out with my other relatives but they left my siblings at home with our cousin. Then I was instructed (by my dad) to take my cousin to Starbucks (I went to Starbucks for the second time that day) and hangout, which we did. At starbucks, my cousin realized how weird and strange I can actually get. We left starbucks at around 1.30 am and went straight to my house. The parents came back at around 2 am and my relatives left right after they arrived. Our house settled down but I was still up. I enjoyed myself today so much that i was deliriously happy and my body refused to rest though I could feel that lack of sleep and the activities of the day were taking a toll on me. At around 4 am, I was finally able to slow down and calm myself, long enough to get some shut eye. Whew! Zzzzzzz.....

3 Comments:

Blogger uchisan said...

haha! as usual i enjoyed myself. if only norebang wasn't expensive, i'd be there like every week! :)

and i'm glad that they liked the fake tatoos i printed out. haha! mine is still on my ankle.

btw, tina's tatoo was a a pentagram. :)

11:18 PM  
Blogger yamino matsuei said...

a pentagram you say... you have to tell me how to make them.. which type of paper and such.. then i can make you that one you want without having to battle it out with scissors again...

a pentagram you say... yeah.. i remember now...

i had so much fun, ill look forward to the time when we waste our cash on it once again...

11:37 PM  
Blogger uchisan said...

i bought the paper thingie in national. for the life of me i can't recall the name. hmmmmm..... will hafta look for the plastic bag it came in.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home