Jeepneys and shots
I got up extra early today to watch an anime, but my dad beat me to the TV (for the nth time) so I ended up not watching. Instead, I went to the market to purchase some goods I would need for the feast later on that night. After dropping off the vegetables I got, I was off to my next destination: Market! Market! I was supposed to do my usual shopping but Uchi and her sisters were also there, so I decided to meet up with them. They tried the dancing game thing (I dont know what its called..) at Timezone. There was a videoke there showing korean MVs and Performances but didnt feature any Korean songs. How odd... Too bad... We went around the mall for a while but I had to finish my grocery so I had to part ways with them. I kept forgetting something in the grocery, so I went back in for a total of 3 times. When I was finally on my way home, I got into a little fix. I saw the jeepneys already. I should've realized they'd try something stupid like trying to cut in front of me. I made an error in my evasive action and half my car went on top of the island on the road. My front left wheel first, then the rear went next. The rear tires couldn't take the weight of the car I suppose, so it burst open. I had a freakin' flat tire! The jeepney didn't pay any attention to me and sped away, still trying to cut each other (stupid idiot drivers..). The cars behind me all stopped and let me get near the sidewalk. They probably saw me drive into the island. The traffic enforcer at the stoplight and a policeman who happened to have been there at the time came to my rescue.They volunteered to help me change the rear tire, since the front wheel and mugs were undamaged. It took the traffic enforcer less than 20 minutes to work the jack and the screws and replace the tire with tools borrowed from another jeepney driver who passed by. I called my father to tell him what had happened, so he arrived just as I was thanking the enforcers who helped me. They filled my dad in as to what they saw had happened. They told my father that the front tire was okay and that the mugs of the rear tire was intact and would probably need not be replaced. There wasnt a nick on the car itself that was caused by that little accident, so my furious father tried to calm himself. We have had some trouble with jeepneys in the past. We convoyed our way home, my brother drove the CITY while I took the co-pilot seat. As soon as I got home, the people there just asked how much damaged was caused and left it alone. They havent forgotten about the feast in a few hours and were a little stressed about it. I didn't have time to calm my nerves, and just went straight to work. We prepared chicken cordon bleu (which i dont eat), carbonarra (white sauce spaghetti), baked chicken legs, adobong baboy (pork), adobong pusit (squid), prawns and sweet and sour fish (the 3 latter dishes were purchased cooked already, guess where!). We prepared almond-lychee gelatin and also served chocolate cake and brazo de mercedes. Our relatives and guests arrived and it was time to eat. After the meal, it was videoke time. As the guests was enjoying the mic, the other reason for the feast was taking place. First reason was because it was Nikki's birthday. The other reason was because my parents and Nikki needed some shots. The injection for my parents took less than a minute. Nikki put up so much fight, fuss and noise, that I was considering the pros and cons of tying and gagging him. I never had the chance to try anything, for there was a party to run. After an hour or so, most of the guests have left and we started to clean up. This day was hectic. Very.

2 Comments:
gawd! i'm so behind with the bloggies.
anyway, i was able to see a CAN and FinKL performance at timezone but alas! no songs. :( non that i wanted to sing to anyway.
i think that dance machine hurt my back. well it was already hurting because of my continuous sneezing but the dance thing contributed to it.
well.. i guess that means we gotta find someone else to dance it for us.. im not a very good dancer either. im quite shy too! kekeke
Post a Comment
<< Home