Wednesday, April 12, 2006

mnl-cgy-mnl whirlwind

First i was going, then I wasnt. Next thing I knew, I was on a plane on my way to Mindanao. Yes, you read it correctly, Mindanao. I was with Nikki, my youngest brother. We arrived at Lumbia airport, Cagayan De Oro and was welcomed by my father when we got off the plane. We had a nice lunch ( I didnt eat ) and talked for a while. I was tired from the lack of sleep, so I caught some Z's. That night, we went to Bukidnon for a dinner party but went back an hour later. That morning, our visitors from England arrived. Joel and Suzy with their sons Jeremiah and Josiah Almosara, USAF. The itinerary was set in motion. Our first destination was the firing range. We all tried the Baby M-16, but the rest of the guys went ahead with the Long M-16 and a 9mm. We all got to keep our target sheets.. Im proud of myself because I actually hit the target and didnt kill any fauna or flora for that matter. Next, we got to our seafood lunch back at home. That afternoon, we took a quick trip to the Macahambus cave before heading off to the exciting rapids. We put on sunblock, very tight life jackets and wore special sandals. Some even jumped off the bridge before getting on the rafts. We were given special helmets and final instructions before the river rafting commenced. It was way fun.. our boat almost flipped which was considered a bonus, as the guides told us. We were allowed to drink the water too.. go figure. There was also the choice of getting on the body board, which I did. It was great! We got to see great landscape and raging rapids. There was also the option of jumping off this rock thing during the ride. At the end, we were dripping wet and was served some pastel ( a pastry, made specially in cgy and camiguin ) for merienda. We went to another party that night. The next day, my mother arrived early in the morning. We got on the ferry in the afternoon and left for camiguin islands. We checked in a small inn before going to Katibawasan falls, a paradise with cool clear clean waters. As the sun was setting, we went around the sunken ruins of a town that was lost when the volcano on the island erupted. The destroyed church ruins were also picturesque. That night, we whipped up an impromptu dinner for our guests and my dad's close ins. The next day, we made breakfast and hurried to our next destination. We rented a boat to go to White Island resort. It was literally just sand, no trees. We stayed for about 4 hours, swimming, soaking, sun bathing, snorkelling and burying jeremiah and josiah in the sand, creating our version of adam and eve (dont ask, it was hilarious though). We race back to the inn, ate some quick lunch and caught the ferry going back to Cagayan. We had quick dinner at a party and went home. My parents, Joel and Suzy went for a massage. I entertained the guests with my Gundam Seed DVDs while also making buko pandan dessert. When the parents returned, the dessert was ready and everyone (excluding me) had a bite before getting some shut eye. The next day, we went for a helicopter ride. I loved it. It was time for our guests to leave, their late Cebu Pacific flight arrived. We went to SM Cagayan that afternoon for lunch. My parents went window shopping while me and Nikki went to see a movie. I bullied Nikki into watching Ice Age 2 Meltdown and a Filipino flick, Moments of Love with me. We had time in our hands and we had to wait until they could come get us. They picked us up and had dinner with my mother's childhood friend Ingrid, and her family. I went to bed early that night. I've been sleep deprived; sleeping late, getting up real early and hauling myself around like a rag doll but it was fun. The next morning, I woke up late, and started stuffing everything into my suitcase for they suddenly decided we were going back to Manila already. We got on the plane and landed in Davao, Cotabato, Zamboanga and Mactan, before landing in Manila. It was past 12 midnight at the time and I was exhausted from my 10-hour flight. To my dismay, I woke up before 8 am the next day...

2 Comments:

Blogger uchisan said...

wow hectic! gasoo-like schedule even!! ^^

6:24 AM  
Blogger yamino matsuei said...

haha.. i wish.. if that's what a gasoo does.. no wonder they are slim and skinny and stuff.. it will totally wear you down.. well almost anyway..

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home