Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Stroke of bad luck

I haven't had any sleep yet. I was tired but I sorta wanted to see my dad before he went to Mindanao to work. He left at 0400h like he was supposed to but he came back. Apparently, Cebu Pacific has been having this delayed thing for some time now, chipping their 95% on-time flights record. My mother was so tired that she asked me to drive the car back, after my dad gets off. As I was headed back home, this tricycle driver was in front of me and wouldnt give way, even though he was super slow. It was a three-lane-one-way street. He was in the middle, so us cars, were passing him from the left and right. I chose to overtake from the right side, since the road was bumpier in the middle and the left side. I was parallel to him when he suddenly hit my side. I abruptly stopped for I knew it wasnt just a scrape. True enough, his vehicle was actually able to create a whole on my side door... and scrape along it. There was about a 12-inch scratch on my side door and about a 4-inch scratch near the doorknob of the driver's door. The guy stopped only after his passengers complained that he hit my car. He signalled and left. I was like "What the f*** is he escaping?" but I managed to get the tricycle's number. T431. The creep isnt getting away. None of that was needed though, for the guy returned and tried to tell me that it wasnt anyone's fault. "We didn't want to hit each other""I wasnt in a hurry""You werent in a hurry""It was a mistake""We both made mistakes""You tried to take my lane""I'm gonna go since this wasnt anyone's fault" To hell if I didnt make him pay! He wasnt even a tricycle driver to begin with! The tricycle wasnt even his property. He just borrowed it and he didnt even live in Villamor. He was stationed in Cebu... Damn it all, he wasnt supposed to drive for he wasnt a registered tricycle driver. And now he's going to leave because it was nobody's fault? I got his name and such, he tried to leave again. I insisted we get a report. I tried telling my dad but he was already on the plane to I just sent him a text message. I told my mom and she told me to wait for my dad's soldier, who would help me handle the matter. When we got to the barangay hall, the tricycle driver told his end of the story, but altered it a little, stating he does not remember what happened. The barangay captain said we should settle since no witnesses would come forward. It happened a little before 0600h. I just looked at the guy and waited. After a while, he said he would pay for half of the damages caused to my vehicle. My dad's soldier arrived and it was agreed that we would have it estimated first. I was so tired and lacked so much sleep I didnt know what to do anymore. I was grumpy and really groggy I could hardly keep my eyes open. I thought I would just fall down due to lack of sleep for it was already 1130 am of Monday and I have been awake since 0600h of Sunday. I've been awake for more than 30 hours and I stayed up late the last Saturday as well, so I really needed to get some sleep. The damages were estimated at 1500k. My dad was furious and somehow, the guy agreed to pay for half. I was really annoyed with him at that point. We went to the police station to get a police report. When the policeman asked him what happened. He said he hit my car. There you have it folks, he admitted it. HE HIT ME. The police report was filed and went home. I didnt bother changing, I went straight to sleep only to be awakened 6 hours later. Why you ask? They woke me up because they thought I was oversleeping... T.T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home