Sunday, November 06, 2005

The journey

Tina: Can you come to my place Saturday?
hyeji: I don't know... I'll ask... *after asking* Oh.. I'm sorry unnie.. my dad says I cant drive up there to see your house...
Tina: Really? That's too bad. Next time then...
Uchi: So? Are we going to Laguna?
hyeji: I wasn't allowed. My dad says I dont have a driver and its too far for me to go on my own.
Uchi: What if we pick you up and drive you?
hyeji: I'll ask... *after asking and begging* He said yes! We can go!
Uchi: Great, I'll see you Saturday morning!
hyeji: See ya!
We met up at my house. At around 0830h, we were on our way to the meeting place. As it turns out, Tina was running late, so Jollibee would be our temporary destination. It was near and I think Ia (or Ela, I dont remember...) was hungry. I didnt have breakfast, so I had something light. Tina and Bini arrived after a while and we were on our way but not before Bini started calling Uchi 'manang' and the smoking break. It was a little confusing at first, but we had Tina in the car to be our guide. Traffic picked up and we had to sort of fight our way through while trying to memorize landmarks or something for our solo journey home later. We went to the fishpen first. We got on this boat (the boat is motorized) and headed off as soon as Mr. Park Jungshin arrived. Tina's 'crew' showed us some of the fingerlings when they were being fed. They had houses on stilts or something, but it was quite sturdy. They had all those primary needs as well. To top it all off, they had animals! They had two dogs, a brown fat fluffy one and a white cat/dog looking one. Both dogs were really young and were just a little bigger than my hands. Next we were off to see Mr. Park Jungshin's fishpen which was bigger (?) than Tina's. They also had animals there, including a rooster. Go figure. Mr. Park let us feed the fish. I was sorta thinking we might have overfed the fish... In both pens, Bini was desperately trying to fish but to no avail. We tried using a net to catch the fish but I guess they knew we were after them so nobody bought our bait.. Too bad.. After a while, they decided we've seen our fill of the fish, enjoyed to our heart's content and have been baked long enough under the sun and announced it was time for lunch. We took the boat back to the port and went to see Tina's house for the first time. There, we saw Theresa, the new helper, her tiny kittens and her huge labradors. They whipped up lunch in a jiff and it was time to chow. There were tons of food to choose from. I specially like the omelet and their version of chicken adobo (and i dont like chicken as much too...). The food was good, but we were so full, we couldnt finish everything. We watched an xmen episode that had the SS501 guy. We had a nice chat with them but then time flew by so quickly that we had to bid them farewell. I had to be home before dark and we werent familiar with the place. There was the possibility of getting lost so it was better if we still had the aid of the sun on our journey back home (naks.. journey!). I got home with the sun still in the sky. Thanks dudes.. for a good time..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home